About us - Orient Speech Therapy Center (China) Limited
Orient Speech Therapy Center (China) Limited,a Hong Kong based legal entity,offering professional Speech Therapy in China since 2007. OST is the only designated speech and language therapy organization by China Speech and Language Therapy Association (HK). With slogan “Talk to the World”, OST provides professional and individualized training program to children with ID, AD, DS, Hearing disorder and etc. Our program includes STAR System, A1 Oral Motor, A2 Articulation, B1 Cognitive Development, Logistic thinking and expression, B2 Multi-sensory and expression, B3 Attention, B4 Social behavior, B5 Visual-Auditory Training Program. Till 2016, we are operating nearly 20 centers in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen and etc., which covers more than ten cities and provides service for more than 200,000 families. With 9 years’ persistent effort, OST has offered treatment to over 20,000 patients, with over 300 therapists. Our therapist team is consisted by therapist with Bachelor or Master Degree in related discipline, eg. Education, Linguistics, Psychology, Medical or Health Sciences. Lots of them are graduated from Universities from HK, US and UK who obtain bachelor or master degrees.
- Speech and language development: improve the speech and communication skills for pre-school and school children;
- Speech and language therapy for pediatric: therapy for children with speech and language disorders;
- Speech and language therapy for adult: therapy for adult with speech and language disorders;
- Research and develop tools for Speech and language therapy
- Agent of speech and language therapy tools abroad
Exchange and Operation
OST cooperates with the Speech and Language Therapy Association of United States, The University of New Castle and KENT University of British and other institutions to develop all kinds of equipment, teaching aids, teaching materials, software etc. OST and Tsinghua University has reached cooperation and all centers of OST established "Tsinghua University clinical practice training base". Both sides will carry out in-depth cooperation in areas of speech and language therapy with theoretical training, clinical practice and certification qualification. In the future OST will gradually expand the cooperation of school and business, research on data model and intelligent solutions based on the Internet to create safety monitoring integrated service platform.
Scientific Research and Technology Inheritance
In 2016, OST opens up a strategic partnership with STAR Autism Support. OST STAR CENTER that aims at children with Autism opened and started to operate at December 2016. OST Star Center adopts and localized STAR System – the worldwide Autism teaching strategies which are abundantly evident-based. STAR System effectively improves children’s learning ability and experience skills in school and meets learning needs for school aged children with autism at different developmental stages.
Since 2007, Former Deputy Prime Minister of Australia, the Australian ambassador to China, Finland Consulate General in Shanghai, Deputy Minister of Ministry of Commerce, the mayor of Shenzhen and other domestic and foreign dignitaries, the central and local leaders visited OST several times and met founders of OST. During the invitation, OST’s contribution for China’s Speech and Language Therapy were fully affirmed. In May 2016, OST was awarded by the Ministry of Commerce the 2016 Outstanding Contribution Award for Special Education.
OST regards development of China’s Speech and Language Therapy as our duty and fulfills social responsibility positively. In these years, OST conducted multiple free public lectures, organized donations for children in poor families, participated in International medical assistance activities and voluntarily trained more than 2000 nation medical workers and rehabilitation therapists. OST will gradually create and improve efficient, innovative and sustainable development of language service support system. To become the first brand of Chinese medical education service industry and help children have better communication abilities and lead a happier life, OST aims to found near 200 direct operation centers in mainland China.
Aims to develop international standard Speech and Language Therapy and help people with communication disorders “Talk to the World”.
OST Speech and Language Therapy Team
- 100% obtain Bachelor or above degrees in Medical Science, Clinical Psychology or Education.
- OST has 300 therapist, including 30 supervisors, 40 evaluators, nearly 200 junior therapists and higher including therapists graduated from Universities from HK, US and UK who obtain bachelor or master degrees.
- The primary enrollment rate is only 32% and the elimination and check-up system are completed. Besides tests and assessments, therapists should receive training from Hong Kong special education, and American SRJ Oral Motor Placement Program certification and obtain certificates.
- The promotion training scheme divided therapists into 6 levels: from assistant to supervisor. Promotion depends on the clinical house and therapy quality.
- Therapists from America, UK, HK, and Taiwan give therapy sessions, do evaluations and therapist training.
Welcome to join in OST! Learn more about Speech and Language Therapy.